Laerdal.com  •  MySimCenter.com

Welcome to Simulation User Network Sign in | Join | Help
in Search
  Learn more about SimStore

"OH MAMA-MAMA" MOTHERBOARD

Last post 03-21-2013, 6:13 PM by Coolsween. 4 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  12-01-2010, 12:58 AM 3035

"OH MAMA-MAMA" MOTHERBOARD

Greetings SUN users.

The motherboard on our circa 2002 SimMan fried about five years ago when the IV arm leaked into the chest cavity. We have managed on ALS Simulators for the last few years BUT I sure do miss SimMan.

The cost of a new motherboard (part number 380300) is $1,200.00 and we just don't have the funds. We have been fortunate to find a local pediatrician who restores air-powered musical instruments and has taken our SimMan corpse to his laboratory for repair. However, obviously we badly need this component (and a lightening strike to bring back SimLife!).

Do you have a SimMan in a closet or storage room you are using for parts? Would you be interested in donating the motherboard?

Thank you for your kind consideration.

Christopher C. Miller, M.C.P., MICP
    Moreno Valley College Paramedic Academy
    Riverside, California
    Filed under: , ,
  •  05-09-2011, 11:01 PM 3516 in reply to 3035

Re: "OH MAMA-MAMA" MOTHERBOARD

I know this is an older post, but what has worked for me in the past has been to pull the mainboard, clean the contacts on the board and de-solder/solder on any damaged components.  This will usually make the unit good as new and usually for a fraction of the cost of a new mainboard.  I think the last time I repaired one, I spent a total of $18 on McMaster-Carr.
  •  07-25-2011, 6:05 AM 3667 in reply to 3516

Great!
  •  03-21-2013, 6:06 PM 4840 in reply to 3667

Hi,

We have a SimMan who no longer has chest rise. We are thinking that this is a larger issue and some kind of board failure. You can hear breath sounds. Is there an option to repair this? 

I'd like to get more life out of my SimMan, if possible. 

thanks, 

angie

•  03-21-2013, 6:13 PM 4841 in reply to 4840

Typically when I have had that problem there is a ribbon cable that gets disconnected on the top side of the motherboard.  Go in from the abdomen and just check and see if it is loose, typically the case.  Shouldn't really need to blow it out or anything but maybe just making sure all the connections are tight might do the trick.  Its happened to me probably 3 or 4 times and thats always the problem.  Happens when he gets "bent" a lot.
    Patrick S. Underwood
    BS CCEMT-P NREMT-P
    Simulation Coordinator
    Southern Maine Community College
    South Portland, ME 04106
    (207)741-5604
View as RSS news feed in XML