Laerdal.com  •  MySimCenter.com

Welcome to Simulation User Network Sign in | Join | Help
in Search
  Learn more about SimStore

Co2, anyone has it working?

Last post 02-13-2018, 6:58 PM by tflaris. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  10-20-2009, 2:41 PM 2150

Co2, anyone has it working?

HI there,

second post today. We attached a Co2 bottle to our regulator unit, so we can read the Co2 that the manikin is 'breathing out' on our Ventilator. But we can't make it work. We don't get the percentage Co2 on the screen of our Ventilator.

Of course, we can read the percentage on the SimMan Monitor, but it won't show on the screen of the Ventilator. Is there a button to press in the software (apart from 'exhale Co2')

cheers, Carlos

Medical Training and Simulation Center
    Bilthoven
    the Netherlands
    www.metscenter.nl
  •  10-20-2009, 5:10 PM 2151 in reply to 2150

Re: Co2, anyone has it working?

Hello Carlos,

Did you connect the regulator unit to a 5 bar outlet?
    You should receive 'a value' on your ventilator, but this value you can't alter.
    There is no other button to activate besides the 'exhale CO2' case.

Hope this helps

Chris

•  03-25-2010, 3:28 AM 2418 in reply to 2151

I have our ETc02 working nicely,  standard Esize cylinder of c02 attached to hose,  activate the "exhale c02" feature, depending on what condition I am attempting to attain  I will run 0.5 to 1.5 lpm of c02 and titrate for effect .  1  lpm of c02 will ussually give me 35-45mmhg reading with standard manual bagging at a rate of 15-20 on our sim man.

Works well for OETT placement and am even having success utilizing the nasal ETc02 monitor in conjunction with my PMV and Procedural Sedation  sims. 

Dave

•  02-13-2018, 6:58 PM 7079 in reply to 2418

Can you provide any pictures of your setup?  I’m trying to get the tank info and any other tubing connector fittings.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated  

Tony Flaris
    UNF OPS
    tflaris@me.com
View as RSS news feed in XML