Laerdal.com  •  MySimCenter.com

Welcome to Simulation User Network Sign in | Join | Help
in Search
  Learn more about SimStore

SimNewB Scenario Transfer

Last post 08-16-2011, 4:07 AM by Jed142. 0 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  08-16-2011, 4:07 AM 3708

SimNewB Scenario Transfer

Normal 0 false false false EN-AU X-NONE X-NONE /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;}

Dear Laerdal,

I am trying to transfer some new scenarios onto the SimNewB control unit (Version 1.3, recently updated) and it seems the SimNewB Log and Scenario Control program only accepts .scn files and not .sct files which is the file extension of “Neonatal Resuscitation Scenarios Upgrade” on your website.

I was also wondering where I could download the scenarios which are stock on the control unit when bought.

I have tried to rename the file extension from .sct to .scn and it transfers to the unit however performs a format error when trying to run via the Remote. After clicking “add” I have also tried to type in the file name with the extension (.sct) and upload it. It seems to upload but it does not show on the list of scenarios or on the remote.

Currently there are no working scenarios on our SimNewB, we would like to use the Scenarios that came with SimNewB when we bought it, such as “Normal Birth”, or “Unexpected Newborn Depression”. We have a large booklet describing all the Scenarios however we don’t have them. I think this may be some versioning issues. What do you think? The new version of SimNewB doesnot seem to come with a Log and Scenario Control to transfer the Scenarios accross, so I had to install the Standard Version whilch had the transfer program.

Jourdain Bonfante | Simulation Technician

Faculty of Nursing, Midwifery and Health
    University of Technology, Sydney

T: (02) 9514 4958 | Email : jourdain.bonfante@uts.edu.au
    http://www.nmh.uts.edu.au/
    Filed under: , , ,
View as RSS news feed in XML