Laerdal.com  •  MySimCenter.com

Welcome to Simulation User Network Sign in | Join | Help
in Search
  Learn more about SimStore

neebie needs help

Last post 04-24-2013, 1:58 AM by kindlykuhn. 4 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  03-29-2013, 2:26 PM 4846

neebie needs help

Greetings,

I am rather new to Sim. I have a SimMan who's BP can not be heard and a SimBaby that has lung sounds that are barely audible on the highest volume. Can anyone give me some tricks to try or a video to watch/site to read?

Thanks

Nicky Kuhn

•  04-02-2013, 10:16 AM 4847 in reply to 4846

Re: neebie needs help

I'm not aware of any videos specifically covering troubleshooting but if you have an audio problem on two different manikins then it could be the computer, especially assuming you are using the same one for both. The software splits the audio signal so one side goes to the patient monitor and the other to the manikin so check that both channels are up on the audio settings on the computer. I don't off the top of my head if know if the lung or bp sounds can be reduced or disabled in the configuration menu but it might be worth checking in there to see if they have been.

•  04-05-2013, 8:48 AM 4849 in reply to 4846

Re:neebie needs help

Hi,

Regarding the SimBaby, you have the possibility to do an "auscultation focus". It will reduce some mechanical sounds from the manikins mainly by stopping the spontaneous breathing movement. It might be useful but should be explained during the briefing. This function is in “file à Auscultation focus”

Regarding the SimMan BP sound. The fisrt thing is to make sure that the BP cuff is well connected to the manikin and then that the white tube is connecting to the LinkBox. Then, you can try to increase the Korotkoff volume ( Edit à Korotkoff Controls) and then do a BP calibration (Calibration à Calibrate BP…)

•  04-24-2013, 1:57 AM 4878 in reply to 4847

Re: neebie needs help

Thank you!
  •  04-24-2013, 1:58 AM 4879 in reply to 4849

Re: Re:neebie needs help

Thanks!!!

View as RSS news feed in XML