Laerdal.com  •  MySimCenter.com

Welcome to Simulation User Network Sign in | Join | Help
in Search
  Learn more about SimStore

What's new in Simpad 1.5.1?

Last post 07-05-2013, 8:16 AM by jonathanjung. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  05-16-2013, 10:17 AM 4921

What's new in Simpad 1.5.1?

Hej!

Where can I find a list of whats new in the new software?

Thanks 

Measure once...Cut twice....NO WAIT!
  •  07-05-2013, 8:16 AM 5003 in reply to 4921

Re: What's new in Simpad 1.5.1?

Not sure why they haven't posted the upgrade changes with the 1.5.1 upgrade.  Almost all software designers always post the changes when releasing an update.  I haven't been able to find any document.

2 things are the inclusion of ETCO2 Waveform and a screen were you can turn off selected waveforms on your patient monitor.

I am using the Megacode Kelly Advanced and the ETCO2 is very bitter sweet.  I was elated when I saw the ETCO2 waveform capnography.  Extremely disappointed to find out it will not give you a waveform during any situation where you have no BP ..... VF, VT, PEA, Asystole.   one of the main thrusts of the new guidelines is to use ETCO2 with adv airway and compressions..... This is a huge part of using ETCO2 when teaching ACLS, ALS.... I called tech service at Laerdal USA , the first tech had no clue..... wouldn't/couldn't escalate my question because he could not find my account...

Also, now I am having some issues with the simpad becoming unresponsive for 5 to 10 seconds during the class senario.... tech didn't know anything about that either.  I would still upgrade regardless since it doesn't happen that frequently.

I would be nice for laerdal to address some of these issues.

Filed under: , , ,
View as RSS news feed in XML