Laerdal.com  •  MySimCenter.com

Welcome to Simulation User Network Sign in | Join | Help
in Search
  Learn more about SimStore

SimJr Labs, Radiology, Media

Last post 10-16-2013, 6:49 PM by martinVCOM. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  10-15-2013, 6:01 PM 5166

SimJr Labs, Radiology, Media

We're having problems displaying labs, x-rays, etc. when using Jr.

We are operating our SimJr wirelessly whenever possible but as you know, with the SimPad, you cannot do labs, x-rays, etc.

We purchased a Lenovo touchscreen laptop (mirror image of what is used to control 3G or use as a patient monitor if you choose) to use as Jr's monitor so we wouldn't have to lug around the giant patient monitor that is sold with him or be tied down by all of the cables required if you are running him in Advanced Mode.

Is there a way to run his instructor laptop (or the SimPad) wirelessly connecting to Jr and also connecting to the laptop so that we have a patient monitor and the necessary labs and x-rays? I would like for him to remain wireless but I'm ok with having to run a cable to connect to the monitor.

•  10-16-2013, 6:49 PM 5169 in reply to 5166

Re: SimJr Labs, Radiology, Media

Sure, 

Here's what I am thinking... When you use Jr's instructor PC, the main screen is the interface, and the secondary screen is the patient monitor, right? There are a few third party apps (Maxivista) that would let you use the Lenovo as a second monitor for the instructor PC. Basically, what your're doing is over wi-fi sending the instructor PC's second monitor to the Lenovo. You'll have to give it a shot, but it is worth a try.  You might want to check out "mouse without borders" also to make it truly remote solution.

View as RSS news feed in XML