Laerdal.com  •  MySimCenter.com

Welcome to Simulation User Network Sign in | Join | Help
in Search
  Learn more about SimStore

Junior Wireless Connectivity

Last post 12-30-2013, 5:02 PM by ScottWilson. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  11-05-2013, 5:08 PM 5194

Junior Wireless Connectivity

Has anyone had issues with connectivity between Jr and the SimPad? Does having smartphones nearby interfere with the signal? I know with Noelle, she is quite picky about not having any other wireless devices nearby so I wonder if the same thing could cause Jr to drop his signal. Yesterday, we were running a scenario with 4-5 residents in the room (more than likely all with smartphones) and 3 attending physicians (also all with smart phones) and a few more people (all probably with smart phones) and he suddenly stopped responding. He initially worked fine and then about 2-3 minutes into the scenario he stopped responding.
  •  12-09-2013, 9:54 PM 5230 in reply to 5194

Re: Junior Wireless Connectivity

How is Junior connected?

We set our NewB up on our infrastructure wireless and have had zero problems with it.  One thing I can vouch for is if your IT department is running an AirDefense (Google it) system in the area, it WILL shut the ad-hoc network down. 

You could also fire up one of your 3g instructor laptop and do a wireless scan to see if there are any signal issues. 

I would like to see Laerdal add additional support for other wireless authentication protocols (Enterprise) and allow the SimPad System to connect to a network that does not broadcast its SSID. Hope that can get you pointed in the right direction. 

•  12-30-2013, 5:02 PM 5266 in reply to 5230

Re: Junior Wireless Connectivity

Junior is set up wirelessly, connecting to his assigned SimPad. He is not hooking into any network or other hardware.
View as RSS news feed in XML