Laerdal.com  •  MySimCenter.com

Welcome to Simulation User Network Sign in | Join | Help
in Search
  Learn more about SimStore

3G Patient Monitor

Last post 06-02-2014, 12:23 PM by Dag Sanna. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  11-16-2013, 6:24 AM 5207

3G Patient Monitor

Has anyone successfully used other wireless (All in One) touch screen outside of what Laerdal patient monitor has?
  •  05-02-2014, 6:15 PM 5452 in reply to 5207

Re: 3G Patient Monitor

Negative ghost rider.  We have tried two other types we found laying around our building with no love in SimMan Classic.  I have not tried them with Essential or 3G yet though.
    David Cherolis EMT-P EMS-I
    Simulation Tech Wright State University
    937-395-8839
    david.cherolis@wright.edu
  •  05-30-2014, 11:06 PM 5484 in reply to 5452

No luck here either. Try talking to Brian Florek at Northwestern. He has come up with some pretty innovative workarounds for other problems.
  •  06-02-2014, 12:23 PM 5485 in reply to 5207

I don't see why any other AIO should not work. In fact, Laerdal have used a couple of different models from Onyx and recently also a couple from 23" HP AIO (HP EliteOne 800). If you make sure that all drivers are installed and working properly, the SW will not know whether the computer is an AIO and have touch or not.

Using touch monitors is an entirely different issue. Or to be more precise. If using a touch monitor as a second screen, you might get into trouble with the mouse pointer. E.g. if you want to attach a touch monitor to your instructor PC and use it as a patient monitor for the students, you will find that when someone touch the screen on the monitor, the mouse cursor will be moved away from the instructors screen. To avoid this on the ELO touch screens that Laerdal ships with simulators, we have made an interface to the ELO driver that register touch activity without moving the cursor. This will however not work with other drivers.

Dag Sanna
    Laerdal Medical AS
View as RSS news feed in XML