Laerdal.com  •  MySimCenter.com

Welcome to Simulation User Network Sign in | Join | Help
in Search
  Learn more about SimStore

Scenario Editor - require the Debrief Log to total up the scores and give a percentage result.

Last post 04-21-2015, 7:46 AM by kmw. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  04-16-2015, 6:41 AM 5715

Scenario Editor - require the Debrief Log to total up the scores and give a percentage result.

Hi, 

I’m creating a Scenario Program to run on a SimMan 3G using Scenario Editor. This is going to be for a Nursing Assessment, where the customized Common Custom Learner Events I’ve created, will be checked off in the Instructor Application, as the student proceeds through the assessment.

When the assessment is completed, I want the Debrief Log to total up the scores and give a percentage result.

I’ve looked through the Programming Guides, where it states this can be done, but there’s nothing about how to add the scores up and give a percentage ?

Does anyone know how this can be done ?

Any assistance appreciated.   

Cheers,

Kevin 

Simulation Technician

University of Tasmania, Australia

Kevin Wilmore

Simulation Technician
  •  04-20-2015, 12:52 PM 5717 in reply to 5715

Re: Scenario Editor - require the Debrief Log to total up the scores and give a percentage result.

Hi,

There is no easy way of automatically calculating and logging a score with Scenario Editor. But in LLEAP and SimDesigner we've added functionality for creating user defined variables that can be used for scoring and also a mechanism for calculating and writing a score to the log.

With the legacy Scenario Editor, we've seen some users that utilize parameters that are seldom in use during simulation, e.g. ICP, to store a score value. You can use a trend for incrementing the ICP value when a correct step is performed and another trend for decrementing if a wrong step is performed. Before ending the scenario you can then have a handler testing on the value (using a Parameter Limit event) of e.g. ICP and produce a log output depending on that value with the percentage result.

I hope this helps,

Tor Arne Klakegg 

Tor Arne Klakegg
    Laerdal Medical AS
  •  04-21-2015, 7:46 AM 5722 in reply to 5717

Re: Scenario Editor - require the Debrief Log to total up the scores and give a percentage result.

Hi,

Thanks for replying and clarifying this for me. 

For now I'll hold off implementing the automatic totals, for when we upgrade to LLEAP within the next few months.   

Kevin 

Kevin Wilmore

Simulation Technician
View as RSS news feed in XML