Laerdal.com  •  MySimCenter.com

Welcome to Simulation User Network Sign in | Join | Help
in Search
  Learn more about SimStore

RFID tags and drug recognition

Last post 09-22-2016, 6:20 PM by kmcmunn1. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  07-26-2016, 11:02 PM 6071

RFID tags and drug recognition

Hello forum.  I'm having a little trouble learning the RFID system, specifically pushing IV medications.  for instance, if I get the RFID epinephrine 10ml tag close to the transmitter, the computer will recognize the epinephrine is close by.  However, when I push 10ml of liquid through the line, nothing happens.  How do I get this to work?  It works when I use airway tags, but when it comes to IV/IO or infusion tags the program will recognize the RFID tag is near but it won't do anything when I push liquid through the IV port.  I'm sure it's operator error, so where do I start?  
  •  07-27-2016, 3:00 PM 6072 in reply to 6071

Re: RFID tags and drug recognition

Make sure the IV line is connected to the correct port so that it is going past the flow sensor. You also need to make sure the scenario is programmed to make a change based on the RFID and flow sensor inputs.
    Fran Hildwine, BS, EMT-P
  •  07-29-2016, 7:36 PM 6073 in reply to 6071

Hello, really the question is not clear for me. The system identified the RFID tags but the liquid don't pass, or the liquid pass well?.

I had a same problem with RFID of Atropine tags. I solved in the profile settings. 

If the RFID system is okay but the liquid don´t pass, maybe internal flowmeter need preventive maintenance.  

Adrian Velásquez Ibarra
    Coordinator Lab Simulación Clínica
    Medellín Colombia
    Universidad cooperativa de Colombia
    adrian.velasquezi@campusucc.edu.co
  •  09-22-2016, 6:20 PM 6096 in reply to 6071

I was having the same problem this past week. I eventually took some IV tubing with a roller clamp, cut the end off and used it to attach to the IV drain port. I then adjusted the roller clamp until the instructor PC indicated recognition of the drug being pushed. I next calibrated the IV flowmeter to ensure correct dosage recognition.
View as RSS news feed in XML